Brings to the Team
- Innovation and new ideas.
- Thoughtful analysis to help leaders more fully understand the issues they face.
- A love of people that helps her build positive, productive relationships.
- The ability to help partners navigate through complex challenges and find consensus.
- A strength at clearly communicate complex ideas in a way that’s engaging and leads to deeper conversations.
- Wisdom about the entire mission-driven sector gained from working with hundreds of organizations.
- A practice of being a thoughtful listener.
- The Improve Group (2000–present)
- Office of the Legislative Auditor (2000)
- University of Minnesota (1999–2000)
- Coral Springs Police Department (1997–98)
- Florida Department of Children & Families Services (1996–97)
- BA, Macalester College
- Master in Urban and Regional Planning, Humphrey Institute, University of Minnesota
Brings to the Community
- Volunteer, school and sports activities, Eagan, MN
- Cornerstone, Research and Evaluation Committee Member
- National Day One, Board Member
Beyond the Bio
Leah has a strong competitive streak that comes out in unexpected ways. Faced with a late day at work followed by an evening of kid’s activities, she has been known to give herself a high-five if she manages to figure out a dinner that includes more than one food group.