The Improve Group helps mission-driven organizations make the most of information, navigate complexity, and ensure their investments of time and money lead to meaningful, sustained impact. We do this through research, strategic planning, evaluation, and capacity building consulting services.
The Improve Group’s internship program is designed to increase the diversity of perspectives in the field of evaluation and in our own practice. We hope to do so by engaging underrepresented groups in the concepts and work of evaluation
We are seeking interns for Summer 2017 who:
- Are interested in learning about evaluation
- Are interested in conducting evaluation activities like designing an evaluation study, conducting surveys or interviews, and analyzing data
- Can contribute to our ongoing exploration of how evaluation can best work in diverse communities
- Will contribute to the field of evaluation by helping to explore who practices evaluation and in what contexts
Candidates for our internship program should have:
- An intention to explore evaluation as a career
The internship will begin in June 2017. Interns will have a mix of guided learning (i.e., presentations, reading) and experiential learning (i.e., project work, shadowing). In the past, our interns have worked between 10-30 hours per week, and a specific schedule can be negotiated to accommodate individual needs. Visit us at www.theimprovegroup.com for more information about The Improve Group.
How to apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume and brief statement of your interest in the evaluation field. If you have some experience in one or more evaluation activities (i.e., gathering data, facilitation groups, presenting data, or writing reports), please include that in your cover letter as well. The application deadline is Friday May 12, 2017. Send your application to: