The State of Minnesota is required to develop and implement an Olmstead Plan to document efforts to provide services to individuals with disabilities in the most integrated setting appropriate to the individual.
The plan requires Minnesota to conduct annual surveys of people with disabilities on quality of life issues, including level of integration and autonomy over decision making. The survey will be used to measure changes over time in the lives of people with disabilities, providing critical information that will help to improve services for thousands of Minnesotans.
The Improve Group is looking for Temporary Survey Interviewers to conduct surveys of people with disabilities for the Olmstead Quality of Life Survey. Interviewers will play an important role in administering the survey and ensuring reliable data is collected.
This is a part-time, temporary position lasting through June 2017. The work schedule will vary depending on scheduled interviews, and may vary week to week, but we anticipate about 20-30 hours per week. Schedules can be tailored to meet individual needs. Reliable transportation will be a requirement, especially in greater MN. Travel to the metro area for training may be required. We will schedule interviews located in your general area, but anticipate driving will be necessity in most parts of the state.
Compensation is $20/hour and mileage will be reimbursed.
- Interview survey respondents at the individual’s home, place of work, or preferred location
- Conduct survey interviews within an hour.
- Conduct up to 4 interviews/day. Interviews are in depth requiring more probing for answers.
- Record survey responses using a tablet computer
- Review surveys for completeness
- Explain survey content, purpose, and consent materials to respondents, family, and staff
- Obtain survey consent from participants
- Adapt survey instruments and study materials to meet the respondent’s communication needs
The right candidate for this position is highly motivated, cares about issues related to disability, and wants to help improve services. They are comfortable with change, creative, and a great communicator. Individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience working with confidential data and familiarity with data privacy practices
- Ability to demonstrate work eligibility
- Reliable transportation
- Experience and/or comfortable working with people with disabilities
- Typing experience.
- Experience using g-mail and Google calendar.
- Familiarity with web navigation.
About The Improve Group:
The Improve Group is a leader in evaluation, research and strategic planning. We help mission- driven organizations make the most of information, navigate complexity, and ensure their investments of time and money lead to meaningful, sustained impact. Based in St. Paul, Minnesota, we work extensively around the region and have a growing national and international presence. We have a very strong reputation among our clients, peers and the broader community for:
- Excellence and rigor in our work
- Creativity and innovation
- Commitment to service
- Collaboration and joy
How to apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Open until filled.
The Improve Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that we will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard for race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, politics or veterans status. This policy affirms The Improve Group’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all vestiges of discriminatory practices that might exist. We encourage all employees to take advantage of opportunities for promotion as they occur.