Position Opening: Senior Research Analyst
The Improve Group helps organizations make the most of information, navigate complexity, and ensure their investments lead to meaningful, sustained impact. We provide this help through research, evaluation, capacity-building, needs assessment, strategic planning, policy, and systems thinking. Based in St. Paul, we work with organizations locally, statewide, nationally, and internationally.
Our culture, work, and professional relationships with each other as well as with clients are driven by these values:
- Collaboration & inclusiveness
- Innovation & creativity
- Building a better world
Your contributions to The Improve Group
Under the direction of the Project Director, the Sr. Research Analyst will work directly with clients and their stakeholders in public, non-profit, philanthropic and other social impact sectors. They will be instrumental in bringing creative methods as well as proven practices to deepen insights, helping clients and stakeholders deepen their impact in communities around the Twin Cities, Minnesota, the country and internationally. Sr. Research Analysts will also provide support to other analysts and work collaboratively in a team environment. Often, work will provide opportunities for the Sr. Analyst to dive into unfamiliar situations, drawing on research and facilitation skills to gain understanding and provide expert advice. The Sr. Research Analyst filling this position must be highly skilled from project design through implementation and well-versed in applying these skills in new and unfamiliar situations.
- Proven ability to make sound judgements and decisions with an understanding of how decisions affect project purpose and outcomes.
- Proven ability to manage large and small scale projects from planning phase through completion aligning people, resources, and time with project demands.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to communicate and present information in a clear, engaging manner both verbally and in written form, one-on-one, in small to large groups, and in front of key decision makers.
- Strong facilitation skills with demonstrated ability to encourage meaningful participation towards shared goals and deepened understanding.
- Well versed in evaluation methods and practices with demonstrated ability to effectively apply skills in unfamiliar situations or contexts.
- Ability to engage with, listen to, and learn from a broad range of project stakeholders across cultures and demographic groups, encouraging their meaningful participation.
The total compensation package includes a base salary starting between $62,650 - $67,980; profit sharing, health, dental and life insurance, employer-matched 401K, PTO, and paid holidays.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Master’s degree preferred, with 5 – 7 years of applied experience.
- Exceptional qualitative and quantitative research skills.
- Must be available to travel on average once per month throughout the calendar year and have a valid driver’s license.
- Proven ability to thrive and perform in a fast-pace environment with multiple projects and successfully adapting to changing project needs, processes and priorities/goals.
- Demonstrated ability to plan ahead, identify, and troubleshoot upcoming project challenges by analyzing, assessing, adapting, incorporating, and applying creative solutions to address client needs.
- Track record of successfully conceptualizing, designing, and developing evaluation plans and tools within context of project scope with client’s needs in mind.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with people who affect our work - from clients to partners to informants - with sensitivity, tact, discretion, and professionalism.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to be assertive yet approachable while working collaboratively with clients and on a team.
- Second language fluency highly desired, but not required.
How will we know you are a good fit?
We intend to carefully review applications, and need sufficient details from candidates in order to determine who is a good candidate for an interview. To apply please provide:
- A cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position
- A detailed resume or CV
- 1 writing sample, including a description of the context of the project and your role.
How to apply:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Review of applications will begin on May 8, 2017 and will remain open until the position is filled. Please submit application packages to HR@theimprovegroup.com.
The Improve Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that we will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard for race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, politics, or veteran’s status. This policy affirms The Improve Group’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all vestiges of discriminatory practices that might exist. We encourage all employees to take advantage of opportunities for promotion as they occur.