The Improve Group helps organizations make the most of information, navigate complexity, and ensure their investments lead to meaningful, sustained impact. We provide this help through research, evaluation, capacity-building, needs assessment, strategic planning, policy, and systems thinking. Based in St. Paul, we work with organizations locally, statewide, nationally, and internationally.
Our culture, work, and professional relationships, with each other as well as with clients, are driven by these values:
- Collaboration & inclusiveness
- Innovation & creativity
- Building a better world
At The Improve Group, we live our values every day through our work and within our office. We specifically designed our workspace to support a collaborative work style, inspire creativity and innovation, and to bring joy to all through bright colors and openness. Once you join our team, we want you to feel inspired to do your best. That’s why our flexible work environment makes it easy for us to work remotely as needed as well as conduct virtual meetings.
We describe our work and ourselves as thoughtful and we embrace inclusiveness as we work with our clients and our colleagues, learning more about them and their needs. Our end goal is to ensure our clients shine at what they do by creating products that work for them. For our fellow “IG’ers,” we are committed to offering various professional development opportunities.
The rewards of becoming a fellow IG’er go beyond making a difference through our work—we are also rewarded with a competitive salary, generous 401k match, profit sharing, health, dental and life insurance, paid holidays, PTO, and a great work environment! You will find, however, that the greatest reward of being part of our team is the wonderful colleagues with whom you will work.
Join us and help us live out our value of building a better world! Check out our mission and values here.
Your contributions to The Improve Group
The COO is responsible for leading and managing the company’s overall operations, including Finance, Facilities, Risk Management, and IT, and ensuring continued growth in profit and capacity, operational alignment with IG’s strategic direction, and increased financial strength. They will develop and execute operational controls that will leverage the company’s ability to deliver exceptional services and products. Additionally, the COO will play an integral role in translating high-level strategies into detailed. actionable work plans, and assisting other functional leaders in advancing the company’s growth initiatives. The COO will accomplish this by practicing and modeling our values of thoughtfulness, inclusiveness, and collaboration, while cultivating and strengthening internal as well as external partnerships to advance the company’s strategic initiatives.
- Implement financial vision of the company by identifying financial goals, developing a corporate budget, and executing initiatives to reach those goals, ensuring continued growth and financial strength.
- Manage business functions, including technology, finance, and facilities, by establishing operational controls and standards, monitoring on-going operations, and adjusting priorities to meet changing market, environment, and employee needs.
- Develop and implement plans to support the long-term strategic direction of The Improve Group.
- Assess opportunities and establish clear priorities among competing short- and long-term interests, stakeholders, and business needs.
- Leverage, utilize, and incorporate best IT practices across the company to ensure smooth operations and search for opportunities to improve capabilities as well as contain costs.
- Strengthen work relationships with vendors, functional leaders, and staff, empowering them to follow best practices and move towards maximizing business results.
- Oversee contracts and risk management.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Masters in a related field or equivalent preparation with a minimum of 10 years of experience in operations, six of which should have progressively increasing leadership responsibilities. Preference is for experience in a similar growing, creative environment. Prior experience should show responsibility for strategic planning, organizational development, or similar work.
- Innovative, entrepreneurial attitude and ability to work in a rapidly-changing, high-energy environment.
- High level of business acumen, including successful P&L management; the ability to balance the delivery of services against the realities of a budget.
- Results-oriented, demonstrates creative resourcefulness with an ability to execute and complete deliverables in a timely manner and with a sense of urgency.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance and operational initiatives.
- Proven ability to anticipate future consequences and trends and incorporate them into the strategic plan.
- Demonstrates an ability to learn new concepts quickly.
- Strong expertise in effectively managing organizational growth and sustainability.
- Strong negotiating skills with a proven ability to influence others through means other than direct control; effectively uses a combination of active listening and questioning to engage others and get buy-in, thus advancing the decision-making process.
How will we know you are a good fit?
We intend to carefully review applications, and need sufficient details from candidates in order to determine who is a good candidate for an interview. To apply, please provide:
- A cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position and what we should know about why you are a good fit for the position
- A detailed resume or CV
How to apply:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Open until filled. Please submit application packages to HR@theimprovegroup.com
The Improve Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that we will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard for race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, politics, or veteran’s status. This policy affirms The Improve Group’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all vestiges of discriminatory practices that might exist. We encourage all employees to take advantage of opportunities for promotion as they occur.