Brings to the Team
- A passion for meeting client needs through creative mixed methods evaluation.
- Expertise evaluating a range of domestic and international public health programs.
- A deep skillset in quantitative data analysis and creative data visualization.
- Experience collaborating with diverse stakeholders to meet evaluation needs.
- Strong skills in producing written findings for a wide range of audiences.
- The Improve Group, Senior Consultant (2019-present)
- Hennepin Healthcare, Population Health Analyst (2018-2019)
- Kaiser Family Foundation, Policy Analyst (2017-2018)
- Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation, Researcher (2014-2017)
- Second Harvest Heartland, SNAP Outreach Intern (2014)
- Bachelor of Arts, St. Olaf College
- Master of Public Health, Health Metrics and Evaluation, University of Washington
Brings to the Community
- English Learning Center, Volunteer Teacher
- The Cedar Cultural Center, Volunteer
Beyond the Bio
Ellen has an insatiable appetite for learning new things. When not at work, you can find her experimenting in the kitchen, attempting to coax vegetables from her garden, or working on her reading list. An outdoor person at heart, Ellen spends many hours exploring urban trails by bike or on foot.
I love evaluation because … it is a powerful tool that can create real and meaningful change.