The Improve Group helps mission-driven organizations make the most of information, navigate complexity, and ensure their investments of time and money lead to meaningful, sustained impact. We do this through research, strategic planning, evaluation, and capacity building consulting services.
The Improve Group’s internship program is designed to increase the diversity of perspectives in the field of evaluation and in our own practice. We hope to do so by engaging underrepresented groups in the concepts and work of evaluation.
Learn more about The Improve Group and our values here!
We are seeking interns for Fall 2017 who:
- Are interested in learning about evaluation
- Are interested in conducting evaluation activities like designing an evaluation study, conducting surveys or interviews, and analyzing data
- Can contribute to our ongoing exploration of how evaluation can best work in diverse communities
- Will contribute to the field of evaluation by helping to explore who practices evaluation and in what contexts
Candidates for our internship program should have:
- An intention to explore evaluation as a career
- Some experience in one or more evaluation activities (i.e., gathering data, facilitating groups, presenting data, or writing reports)
The internship will begin in September 2017. Interns will have a mix of guided learning (i.e., presentations, reading) and experiential learning (i.e., project work, shadowing). In the past, our interns have worked between 10 - 30 hours per week, and a specific schedule can be negotiated to accommodate individual needs.
How to apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume and brief statement of your interest in the evaluation field. If you have some experience in one or more evaluation activities (i.e., gathering data, facilitation groups, presenting data, or writing reports), please include that in your cover letter as well. The application deadline is Friday August 11, 2017. Send your application to:
Amy Lon, Sr. HR Coordinator
The Improve Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that we will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard for race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, politics, or veteran’s status. This policy affirms The Improve Group’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all vestiges of discriminatory practices that might exist. We encourage all employees to take advantage of opportunities for promotion as they occur.